Your privacy is important to us, and our commitment to core privacy values of transparency, control, respect, and trust.
This Privacy Statement explains how we collect, process, use, protect, and share your personal information, as well as your privacy rights under some privacy laws.
Information We Collect About You
We collect your personal information directly from you through your interactions, use, and experiences with our websites. We also obtain personal information indirectly from our Business Partners and other third-party sources.
“Business Partner” means any third party with whom we have a business relationship.
How We Use and Share Your Information
We use your personal information for purposes such as:
- Providing our information to you;
- Improving the information;
- Complying with applicable laws; and
- Improving the safety and security of our website.
We may share your personal information with our affiliated companies and Business Partners to perform functions such as sharing information about our services.
What Information Do We Gather About You?
The following describes the information we collect and how we obtain it.
- Information You Voluntarily Give Us: When you contact us, we collect your contact information, such as name and e-mail.
- For Reader Surveys, Research, Panels, and Experience Programs: We gather information through questionnaires, surveys, and feedback programs. We also conduct similar research for advertisers. We ask you for your consent to use this information when you participate in these programs and events.
- During Contact with Our Call Centers: We collect information from you when you place an order over the phone or contact customer service through one of our toll-free numbers.
- Personal Contacts Data: We never scan your device for your contacts or upload that data.
Information Collected Automatically
With Tracking Technologies in Your Browser and Mobile Apps:These technologies include cookies, web beacons, tags, scripts, software development kits (or SDKs), and beyond.
We track and store data on how you visit and use CNA/SENAR Services, especially through our websites and apps. The items we log include:
- Your IP address;
- Your location;
- Your operating system;
- Your browser;
- Your browser language;
- The URLs of any pages you visit on our sites and apps;
- Device identifiers;
- Advertising identifiers; and
- Other usage information.
If your browser does not accept our cookies, you cannot access certain parts of our websites.
How We Secure Your Information
We use appropriate technical, organizational, and physical data security safeguards to help protect against the unauthorized access to, use, or disclosure of your personal information, such as:
- Using encryption when collecting or transferring sensitive information;
- Designing our data security safeguards to ensure the ongoing security, integrity, availability, and resilience of processing systems and services;
- Limiting physical access to our premises;
- Limiting access to the information we collect about you;
- Ensuring that our Business Partners have appropriate safeguards in place to help protect your personal information; and
- Destroying or de-identifying personal information, as required by law.
Links to Third-Party Websites and Services
We may sometimes provide links directing you to websites operated by third parties. Those websites may also collect your personal information, subject to the information practices from the third party, as outlined in their privacy statements. CNA/SENAR does not operate these websites and is not responsible for their information practices. We encourage you to review the privacy statements on any third-party website before providing any personal information.
Your Consumer Privacy Rights
You can exert your privacy rights under applicable privacy laws, such as the Brazilian General Data Protection Law (Lei Geral de Proteçãode Dados – LGPD) concerning your personal information by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or visiting our Data Subject Request (DSR) web portal.
You may have the following consumer privacy rights under applicable laws:
- Right to Know: you may have the right to request information about the personal information we have collected about you and for what purpose.
- Right to Access: you may have the right to request information about how we process your personal information and to obtain a copy of that personal information.
- Right to Portability: you may have the right to receive your personal information in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format, as well as to have that information transmitted to another organization in certain circumstances.
- Right to Deletion: you may have the right to request the deletion of the personal information that we have collected from you.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
We may alter this Privacy Statement from time to time. If there are material changes to the Privacy Statement, we will revise the “last updated”date at the bottom of this statement. We encourage you to periodically review this Privacy Statement to learn how we protect your personal information.
Effective Date: February 4, 2022.